According to a September 2008 article by SmartMoney.Com, there are 5 simple ways to boost your homes value with little cost to you.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint helps to “erase” any wear and tear that has occurred in high traffic areas. A neutral color may also help a new buyer picture themselves in that living space.
- Basic Maintenance: Look around for anything broken, leaking, missing or generally unfinished. These things may seem small to you, but to a new buyer it is just one more thing to do!
- Energy-Efficiency Upgrades: Rising energy costs and earth-friendly trends make the installation of energy efficient windows, heating systems or appliance enticing to buyers. In certain cases, you may also be able to receive and tax credit for these upgrades.
- Install New Fixtures: Installing new light fixtures or drawer knobs is another inexpensive way to give your home a fresh, updated, polished look.
- Landscaping: First impressions count! Curb appeal is the first step to getting a buyer to come in your home. Simply tidying up existing andscaping or adding some new may be the difference between getting the call for a showing, or a car that just drives by.
To read the complete article, please follow this link: