We have been made aware of a glitch in website that affects Mac Users. When viewing our listings page on a Mac computer using the Safari browser, you may receive a message indicating that you must use the Firefox browser. On the same Mac computer, when viewing in Firefox you should be able to view the listings.
If you are continuing to experience problems after downloading and installing the Firefox browser, the information on your machine may be “cached”. You may need to clear the
cache or possibly reboot the computer to be truly going to the site fresh through Firefox.
What is the cache? It is a Temporary Internet folder in your Internet browser that contains a collection of images, sounds, and web pages.
These are sites you have visited in the past or items you have downloaded. This temporary file is commonly known as the cache. Storing these items on your temporary Internet folder can make browsing the Internet faster. However these files take up space on your computer. From time to time you may want to clear your cache to free up space on your computer. Here is a guide on how to clear your cache:
- From the Internet Explorer 6 “Tools” menu, click “Internet Options.” The “Internet Options” box should open to the “General” tab.
- On the “General” tab, go to the “Temporary Internet Files” section; click the “Delete Files” button. This will delete all the files that are currently stored in your cache.
- If you are using “Firefox” as your browser take the following steps to clear your cache. Click “Tools” and select “Options.” Click the “Advanced” icon and click the “Network” tab.
- Click “Clear Now” under the “Cache” section. Click “OK.” Exit and re-launch the browser.
If you are still experiences difficulty, it may be a compatibility issue with Firefox and the program used within our website. Please download the latest version of Firefox, 3.0.6 and check that the preferences are changed to the following settings:
- Click the Firefox menu and choose Preferences
- Select the Privacy option
- Ensure that “Accept cookies from sites” and “Accept third-party cookies” are both checked
We apologize for this inconvenience and want you to know the problem is being looked into and should be resolved in the near future.